Recruitment and Training
Unlike our competitors, Offshore Painting Services do not believe that certification proves competence and this is seen on many sites through poor repairs and incomplete inspection reports.
As part of Offshore Painting Services dedication to quality we enforce a strict recruitment policy procedure that includes detailed Trade Ability Tests (TATs) these test have been complied by our experienced technical support managers to ensure we employ the most experienced technicians.
- Inspection of damaged blade in training room to ensure correct procedure, classification, photographic evidence (inc photo cards) and report writing procedure is followed,
- Practical repair of blade damage in workshop using correct procedures, materials, tools and PPE,
- Taking and recording Environmental readings, DFT’s and Batch Numbers.
- Inspection of damaged surface coatings in training room to ensure correct procedure, classification, photographic evidence (inc photo cards) and report writing procedure is followed.
- Practical repair of surface coatings damages in workshop using correct procedures, materials, tools and PPE.
- ISO 12944 (C5M)
- ISO 8501-1 (ST3)
- ISO 8502-4 (Climactic Conditions)
- ISO 19840 (Film Thickness)
- ISO 8520-9 (Bresle Tests)
- ISO 8502-3 (Dust Tests)
Our experienced technical support managers will then inspect and assess all tests and CV’s to give their recommendations to company directors whether applicants are up to Offshore Painting Services rigorous standards.
Offshore Painting Services’ technicians will complete this procedure on a 12 month basis to ensure all standards and quality are followed, enabling us to have full confidence we only employ the industries best technicians in blade repair and surface coatings repairs.
We require all our technicians to hold the following in date certification and have proven time served experience:
- GWO Working and rescue from height,
- GWO Sea survival,
- GWO First aid at work,
- GWO Manual handling,
- GWO Fire awareness,
- Environmental awareness,
- OGUK medical,
- Siemens Level 2 (Siemens sites),
- Confined space awareness,
- IRATA level 1 & 2 (Technicians),
- IRATA level 3 (Safety supervisors),
- Siemens spot on metal paint repairs (Siemens site),
- Amu Syd or Amu Vest – Working Safely with Epoxy (Blade technicians and Paint technicians),
- Amu Syd – Repair of blades using Epoxy and Polyester products (Blade technicians),
- Amu Syd – Blade moulding using Epoxy and Polyester products (Blade technicians),
- OPITO Painting and Blasting,
- ICORR level 2 or NACE level 2 (Paint Inspector).